Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Explorer Hotel Malacca, Melaka Malaysia Review

I found The Explorer Hotel, Malacca for my weekend stay last week through a last minute promo deal on agoda.com.


It is currently only 3 weeks old! A very new hotel indeed! Take a look at the spanking new hotel lobby.



Somehow, the hotel gave me a chalet feel as we were walking to our rooms.


The room was small and neat. Nothing fancy but good enough. The toilet was also small but it really was a steal at around 50SGD! Very value for money and this 143 rooms hotel is located right next to a few shipping centres. Perfect for me!


Overall, I would say that I had a great stay there. Namely for these few reasons:

1) Their customer service is great with very prompt response. They even have a facebook page and you'll be able to get replies really fast by posting on the wall.



2) For a fee of 5MYR, you can have unlimited entries and exits from their sheltered carpark. And if you're lucky, you may be able to find a lot right in front of the hotel entrance like we did (2nd pic above).

The main road carpark entrance wasn't in service when we were there last week. To enter, you'll need to make a big u-turn around Mahkota Parade and enter from the back entrance.


3) The great location of the hotel. There's 2 shopping centres next to it. One, across the street called Dataran Pahlawan and that has my favourite Vincci shop.

Dataran Pahlawan

Mahkota Parade

In fact, I think the area The Explorer Hotel is located will eventually develop into a shopping area with more shops! Currently, it's really new and the shop space are all vacant.


As a sidetrack, I got all 3 pairs below for about 60SGD only!! So happy with my cheap buys! I love shoes... 


4) The hotel is situated about 10 mins walk away from the main Jonker Street in Malacca, which is across the river. It was a shorter walk than I have expected. And not at all bad if the weather is fine.


5) The hotel also offers 10MYR McDonald's voucher and there's 2 McDonald's in the 2 shopping centres mentioned above. It's really convenient to grab a Mc breakkie or supper. 

And I had a yummilicious Chicken McMuffin breakfast with the complimentary vouchers. 

Well, well, do grab the cheap deals for hotel stays in The Explorer Hotel, Malacca while it's still on. You won't regret it. ;)

4 comments:

Mei said...

Great to know I'm of help! =)

FamilyGuy said...

Hi, thinking of staying at Explorer Hotel. Going there with my family. Thanks for the additional pics of the hotel. Are there ample carpark lots as we are going up in two cars. Seems the carpark is rather limited based on the pic.

Interesting blog you have there

Mei said...

Hi FamilyGuy,

Yes, they do have ample carparks. there's a multi-storey carpark beside the hotel so you don't have to worry about the lack of carpark lots.

Have fun! ;)

Anonymous said...

I was there several days ago. The location of the hotel is good. Easily over a hundred parking lots in the mulyi-story CP.