Monday, September 27, 2010

What's the Big Deal about Growing Old?


The title says it all.What's the big old deal?

I have no qualms about others joking about it. And I definitely have no qualms about revealing my age.

But it sure makes me think that one is insecure about growing old if he or she keeps poking fun at someone's else age. Seriously, what's the deal here?


Everyone will grow old. Just because society values youth so much, I feel sorry for those that have to hide their numbers or rejoice that they're younger. Either insecurity is eating them up or that their value is very much tagged to their age.

Although age may not bring along with it the reassurance of wisdom for some, it is even sadder to cling on to the numbers. These people have not much wisdom to begin with and I doubt they'll acquire much as they grow older.

I'm at ease with being over "3 - Old" because I am not determined by mere numbers only.

No comments: