Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Young & Vibrant Hyehwa 혜화 In Seoul



All thanks to a friend who brought us to Hyehwa for a tasty traditional dinner that I came to know of vibrant area filled with university students.

You see, Hyehwa station located on Line 2 is situated near to Hyehwa University. And of course it's filled with life and energy.


I didn't have the chance to shop around as much as I wanted to. All I could do was to snap away while taking a stroll after dinner.


I was told that the there's a few theaters in the area. Perhaps, you can get a clear picture of what this little charming area is all about from these 2 blogs here and here.

I'll just let my pictures speak for themselves.


Strangely, a lot of fortune telling tents littered the streets. I would think that at this age, you'd think you can conquer the world and have no need of fortune telling to guide you through life.



I particularly love this building below with the huge glass doors. It adds such romance to a cool Srping night in Seoul. 


Makes me miss Seoul so....


I'm definitely heading back to get myself acquainted with this lovely place the next time I'm back in Seoul.

Hyehwa station is just 1 stop away from Dongdaemun station. Take Exit 2 and just soak up the energy as you step out! ;) 

2 comments:

m* said...

Hi Mei,

It looks like you had fun in Seoul. Did you had your fortune read at one of the tentages? ^^

Mei said...

Hi m,

I didn't. I cannot understand Korean well enough to get my fortune read. ;)